Moving beyond Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) to Corporate Sustainability
Even before the introduction of the United Nations’ Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) Agenda 2030, globally, many leading organizations have moved beyond Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) to Corporate Sustainability.
Within a period of 50 years, organizations’ understanding of sustainability has evolved from no knowledge to the development of new management models which integrate sustainability. In fact, stakeholders are increasingly interested in understanding the approaches of organizations in managing their economic, environmental, and social risks and opportunities.
Sustainability is becoming an increasingly discussed topic amongst a range of stakeholders, from board members to investors, consumers and employees. As a result, Environmental, Social, and Governance (ESG) have gained increasing attention over the past few years within the private sector. Clubs serve as a unique platform for creating a community and building relationships beyond political and geographical boundaries.
2 days / 16 hours
Beginner to Intermediate
100% Online - Instructor Led
- 16 hours of instructor led training
- Fully Online
- Class recording available
- Interactive Learning
- Additional Coaching Session
- Certificate of Competency awarded by Vital Skills Global
- No prior experience is required
- We will start from the very basics
- Committed to complete all tasks
Who Should Join
- Senior Management
Key Learning Outcomes
Upon completion, participants should be able to demonstrate each of the following outcome:-
- This training will enable learners to get a better understanding of the core building blocks of sustainability along with the business case for integrating sustainable practices within their operation.
- It will cover all aspects of ESG strategies, framework, risks and opportunities, ratings, reporting, and evaluation.
- In addition, it will provide an understanding of structural changes (structures, processes, practices), and behavioral change (mindsets, skillsets, relationships) for sustainability.
Module 1 : Module 1: Introduction to Sustainability and ESG
- The rise of Sustainability Sustainability Concept and Definitions
- Historical development of ESG Global Perspectives on ESG
Module 2: ESG Megatrends: Global and Local (Drivers, Restraints and Challenges of ESG)
- Understand the place of ESG investing in the investment landscape
- Understand the regulatory requirement for ESG disclosure Understand the ESG market and developing trends
Module 3: ESG strategies, framework, risks and opportunities
- Describe the benefits to organizations of adhering to good ESG practices Understand the key ESG risks and opportunities - materiality mapping
- Assess the impact that ESG has on industry and company performance
- Understand key principles for ESG management strategy and framework
- Plans and Actions to integrate ESG criteria into the corporate structure
- Understand the business case for sustainability
Module 4: ESG reporting and evaluation
- Standards and guidelines on Sustainability Reporting Sustainability Reports Assessing progress in sustainability reporting
Module 5: Structural changes (structures, processes, practices), and behavioural change (mindsets, skillsets, relationships) for ESG/sustainability
- Role of behavioural change in successful ESG initiatives Guidance on how behavioural change complements organizational changes for ESG goals
- Understand how employees’ intent and motivation can support organizational ESG goals.
Module 6: Engaging Stakeholders in ESG/sustainability
- The UN Global Compact
- The Importance of Stakeholder Engagement, Communication, and Prioritisation Stakeholder’s Impact
- Sustainable/Green Supply Chain Management Sustainable/Green Procurement Sustainable/Green Logistic
Dr. Hariramalu Ragavan
Dr. Hari Ramalu Ragavan has 25 years of experience in sustainability management and policy in Malaysia and Asia Pacific.
Dr. Hari obtained The Swedish Foundation for International Cooperation in Research and Higher Education (STINT) scholarship to pursue his Master of Science (M.Sc) in Environmental Management at Lund University, Sweden and The Chevening Scholarship, Foreign Office, UK to pursue PhD in Development Policy and Management at the University of Manchester, UK
Dr. Hari is currently the Principal Consultant at AKAR ASIA Consulting. He has advised UNDP, World Bank, USAID, UNIDO, UNEP and ADB in Sri Lanka, Papua New Guinea, Cambodia, Philippines, Nepal, Myanmar, Timor Leste and Vietnam as well as Malaysia in the areas of climate change and nature ecosystems management, and Sustainable Development Goals (SDG) involving communities, private sector and local governments.
He also provides advisory services to the private sector on corporate sustainability, Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) framework and focus areas. He is a Human Resources Development Fund (HRDF) certified, Trainer and conducts various trainings on Sustainable Consumption and Production (SDG12) and ESG. He is a Certified Expert in Sustainable Finance (CESFi) (Frankfurt School).
Get in Touch With Us Today!
Via email firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com or call us at +65 8180 4861
This training program is suitable for anyone who intends to know more about ESG and how it can impact your organization. This program is being conducted virtually and can be joined by anyone, anywhere in the world remotely.
Special CMAS Members Only Price
Non-Members SGD 450.00/pax
INCLUSIVE OF COURSE MATERIALS, TRAINING AND CERTIFICATE
Our Training Methodology
We provide hands-on assignments that requires practical implementation.
Virtual Coaching Sessions
Online coaching sessions that happen over the phone, via video, or on a web platform.
1 Year Access to LMS
Get access to learning resources upto 1 year of class completion.
Live Project Experience
Hands-on learning and training gives participants the opportunity to experience real world situations.
Participants can assess reflect on their own learning and their level/skills.
Free Industry Webinars
Stay current on market research trends, learn best practices through our webinar sessions.
Please fill in the form and a Program Advisor will reach out to you.
You can also reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com or call us at +65 8180 4861
You can also reach out to us on Whatsapp Click the link to chat with us directly.